Wankhede Stadium | Mumbai International Playground Of India
Wankhede Stadium Details:-
Owner: Mumbai Cricket Association
First Match: 1975
First ODI: 1987 (India vs Sri Lanka)
Wankhede stadium is nicely built in the heart of Mumbai after renovation it looks very beautiful now the stadium has capacity of 33108 as per information by Wikipedia, stadium is established in year 1974.
- It is one of the oldest stadium in India having so many records of International as well as Domestic cricket match ,the first test match in Wankhede stadium seen live between India and West Indies in January 1975 then after it is used for ODI Cricket and also for T20 cricket.
- The ground is located near the Marine Lines in Mumbai, the stadium is selected to host the final of ODI World Cup 2011 that is the reason for which it is redesigned and redeveloped.
- Total 20 One Day International match of world cup hosted at Venue Wankhede stadium in years 1987, 1996, 2011.
- This is the ground where Sachin Tendulkar took rest from his International career.
- The stadium has these stands Sunil Gavaskar Stand, North Stand, Vijay Merchant Stand, Sachin Tendulkar Stand, MCA Stand, Vitthal Divecha Stand, Garware Stand, Grand Stand.